Our sustainable culture is guaranteed through Corporate Governance tools responsible for guiding the company’s decision making process.
In this sense, our actions are based on:
- Global Compact: a United Nations (UN) initiative that advocates ten principles concerning human rights, labor relations, the environment and combatting corruption.
- Business Pact for Integrity and Against Corruption: coordinated by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Brazilian Pact to Eradicate Slave Labor: coordinated by the Ethos Institute and the International Labor Organization (ILO).
- Platform for an Inclusive, Green and Responsible Economy: an initiative of the Ethos Institute sponsored by companies and civil society organizations and coordinated by the institute itself, which proposes guidelines for a new economy.
- Atlantic Forest Restoration Pact: initiative sponsored by public and private organizations that works to preserve fragments of Atlantic Forest and plans to recover 15 million hectares by 2050. We are a member of the advisory board. (Click here to learn more about Restoring Degraded Areas).
- Amcham Strategic Sustainability Committee: initiative that works to advance the incorporation of sustainability into business models. We participate as a member company.
- Business Movement for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity (MEB): we signed the Business Charter for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity that aims to foster the global public debate on the importance of conserving biological diversity.
- Brazilian Coalition on Climate, Forests and Agriculture: initiative, of which we are a member company, that contributes to advances and synergies in initiatives for the protection, preservation and sustainable use of forests, sustainable agriculture and mitigating and adapting to climate change in Brazil and the world.
- IBA (Brazilian Tree Industry)
- TNC (The Nature Conservancy)
- CI (Conservation International)
- The Forest Dialogue
- The Forest Dialogue Brazil
- Forest Forum
- Gvces (Center for Sustainability Studies of FGV)
- Ethos Institute
- Itapoty Institute
- Mabuia Institute
- Peabiru Institute
- Ecofuturo Institute
- Friends of the Earth Brazil
- Mata Branca Nursery / Caatinga Ecological Institute
- WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development)
- CEBDS (Conselho Empresarial Brasileiro para o Desenvolvimento)
We maintain an active and transparent dialogue with our stakeholders,
monitoring their perception and expectations regarding our company’s sustainable operation.
This process allows us to develop consistent
work on priority issues, building an important trajectory in the
social and environmental field.